Monday, March 03, 2008
Adoption
Most who read this blog are adoption blog buddies. Many of us have followed each other's journeys for years. Regardless of any other differences in beliefs, we know we share one common passion: adoption. Adoption has changed our lives forever and I think we have a unique insight on life that no one has unless they have gone through it themselves.

With that in mind, I want to share some verses I came across that speaks to what God thinks of adoption.

Galatians 4

"You can tell that you are now fully adopted as His own children because God sent the Spirit of His Son into our lives crying out, "Papa! Father! " Doesn't that privilege of intimate conversation with God make it plain that you are not a slave, but a child? And if you are a child, you're also an heir, with compete access to inheritance."

Ephesians 1

"Long before He laid down earth's foundations, He had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of His love, to be made whole and holy by His love. Long, long ago He decided to adopt us into His family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure He took in planning this!)"

The second set of verses really wows me. He planned for our adoption into His family. Before He formed anything in the world, He was thinking of us. That's how special we are to Him. Just as we planned and worked to bring our children home. He planned and worked for our adoption. It even says he took pleasure in it. Wow! To me, it is incredible to realize the amount of sacrifice and love that went into my adoption as His child.

On those days, in those hours, okay... often in those minutes, that the boys are giving me grief and every time I get frustrated with them, my mind always jumps back to my own adoption. I know that I must daily, hourly, okay...often every minute do things which displease Him. He always responds with love- whether it comes in the form of comfort, reassurance, conviction, or discipline, it is always pure love. The closer I get to Him, the more I realize what a horrific sinner I am and what a merciful Savior He is. I am so grateful that He adopted me and took me into His family and His love is truly unconditional.
posted by 6blessings @ 7:33 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    You are right. Sometimes I feel like adoption is sort of like a bandaid situation. What I mean is that in a perfect world the kids would all be with their perfectly kind and capable bio parents, but now I see that adoption is not just our manmade construct to correct the ills of the world, but a Godly principle. That it doesn't just cover a problem- it heals through love and the bonds of family. Thanks for the insight.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Who Are You?
What Happens When We Live God's Way?
Warning: Incision Pictures
Trying to Rejoin Civilization
Surgery Update
Four and a Half Years of Waiting
Extravagant Love
Weakness or Opportunity- All in Your Perspective
Reading Progress
100 Percent Commitment




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER