Tuesday, March 04, 2008
What are You Here on Earth For?
What are you here on earth for? This is a question that many people debate. Some believe it is just to be a good person and help as many as possible. Some think it is to have fun, party til you drop. There are many opinions about it. One thing is for sure, almost everyone has thought about it.

I truly have strong feelings about why I am here and what my purpose is. However, I never feel adequate.

Today in my reading, I came across some verses that summed it up for me.

Ephesians 3

"This is my life work: helping people understand and respond to the Message. It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details. When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background in God's way, I was the least qualified of any of the available Christians. God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities."

I believe my life's work is the same as Paul's. I am not a preacher. I don't have very good Biblical exegesis skills. I worry about how to share and what to say. However, according to the verses above, God equips us regardless of ourselves. In fact, according to the verses at the beginning of the next chapter, He wants us to move forward with what we are here to do at full speed ahead.

"I want you to get out there and walk- better yet, run!- on the road God called you to travel. I don't want anyone sitting around on your hands. I don't want anyone strolling off, down some path that goes to nowhere."

So the question now repeats itself for both me and you...What are you here on earth for? Are we here to stroll down a path leading to nowhere, just aimlessly "making it" through this adventure called life? Could there be a greater plan? I know these have reaffirmed to me the direction my family is going and it truly encourages me to be careful not to get distracted by "strolling off, down some path that goes to nowhere". I pray that I'm always headed straight down the path He wants for me.
posted by 6blessings @ 12:14 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    Nice insight. I was just reading about how God's thoughts are not our thoughts and that God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts and the only way we can grow to understand His thoughts and His will for us is to study His Word. I try to do this daily, but sometimes I don't and I need to change that.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Adoption
Who Are You?
What Happens When We Live God's Way?
Warning: Incision Pictures
Trying to Rejoin Civilization
Surgery Update
Four and a Half Years of Waiting
Extravagant Love
Weakness or Opportunity- All in Your Perspective
Reading Progress




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER