Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Packing and Fears
Today's packing day! I have done all of my laundry. My kids are packed for grandma's. I have taken care of all arrangements for my responsibilities at the gym and church. Now it's time to pack for Russia. In two days we get on a plane to go meet our children. We will be going to spend time with them in the orphanage next Monday and Tuesday.

In Oklahoma today, it is supposed to be 89 degrees. It will continue on this pattern. So, on Friday, I will board the plane in near 90 degree temperatures, fly to Atlanta, fly to Moscow, where it will be around 32 degrees. Talk about bringing layers. I have been watching temperatures in Moscow and our region. They seem to change so much from day to day.

Another issue we face is our flights. We opted for the straight shot to Moscow from the States aboard Delta. Well, literally a few minutes after we booked our flights, Delta said they were going to strike. The magic day is the 17th, right in the middle of our trip. We'll get there, I'm just not sure we'll get back! =)

My biggest fear: Being separated a world away from my four beautiful children. I know they will be great at MeMa and PaPa's house, but mommas just worry. I will miss them so much! I have one that has exhibited some signs of us leaving this week. She has always had a hard time being away from Mom. She can go stay one night with a friend, but that's about it. She will have to make it 6 nights! I have been praying to God that she will stay so busy and have so much fun, she won't have time to think about us being gone.

Well, gotta go pack!
posted by 6blessings @ 6:39 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Jennefer said…

    It sounds like you have a lot to do to get ready! You never know what this adoption process is going to throw at you next. Just one day at a time, like you said.
    I am sure you are so excited to finally be going to Russia. I look forward to hearing about your trip.

    I am worried about how my youngest will do away from me too when we go. I don't know if it will be harder for him or for me, but it is good for our kids to see us do this, perhaps they will find it in their hearts to adopt one day too. I know all of our kids are so excited to bring the new siblings home.

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Elle said…

    Happy Packing & safe travels!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Maggie said…

    It's going to be lonely here in the US with all of you gone. It's amazing how many of our little group are traveling at the same time.

    Safe travels!

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger Gaye and Andrew said…

    Hi Kim...we are leaving just a day apart. There are so many of us that will be in Moscow around the same time :)

    A hint about the cold weather in Russia...and, it might affect you differently since Oklahoma is warmer than Virginia usually...but, we were in Kaliningrad last month and we never put on our hats, scarves or gloves and hit was 32 degrees and below. I don't know if this was just because there really wasnt much wind, or what, but we really were not that cold. Granted, we did not do a lot of sightseeing outside...but this time, we are not bringing the heaviest coats or other things cause they were just too much of a pain to lug around.

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Gaye and Andrew said…

    p.s. where are you from in Oklahoma? My whole family is there...Midwest City, Weatherford, Tulsa, Norman...my dad grew up in an orphanage in Butler.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 


Name: 6blessings
About Me:

See my complete profile

Woo-hoo!!!! and Ugh!!!!
My 4 little angels
Catch Up
In a Flurry
New Referrals
Grief
For God So Loved the World
Miscarriage
Defender of the Helpless and Fatherless
Missing




Adopting 2 From Russia
Family Reunion
Russian Adoption Dva
Russian Adoption Journey
scmountaingirl
The Open Window
Three Sons and a Princess
Worth the Wait
Adventures in Daily Living
Brouilette.blog.city.com
Just Another Day in Paradise
Pisarik's International Adoption Journey
From Russia, with Love
Precious Gifts from God
Russian Adoption
Four Feet More
Smiles and Trials
Renovating Life
Made for a Mission
2Kaz4Sophie
Kendal Hope
Mom on a Mission
Jane-Jane
Rhett's Blog


Free Blogger Templates

With a few tweaks here and there by Margaret

BLOGGER